Thursday, March 17, 2011

Back of the closet: Green graphic tee
















































Hi everyone! I'm officially back from Cali! I had a fantastic time and there will most definitely be a follow up post on the trip at some point in the future, but for now, let's get things back to our normal schedule with a "Back of the closet" post this Thursday morning.

I don't know about you, but usually when I buy a new piece of jewelry or dress or top, it instantly becomes my new "go to" item. I seem to catch myself always reaching to wear that piece in the beginning stage of our clothing relationship together. (for example, I just bought a vintage dress in Venice Beach last week and I've worn it 3 times already!) So naturally, when my friend Torry gave me two tee shirts that I had designed for him, I wore them out...representing Masterminds Tutoring all the time—especially the bright kelly green tee shirt in this post. But as time went on, I moved on to other items in my closet and sadly the tees were forgotten about for a couple of months. That is, until I posted this recent entry that reminded me just how cute and fun those shirts were.

So I thought it was about time I pulled that tee shirt out of the closet and rocked it in a different way than I had before. And guess what...it's green! Just in time for St. Patty's day today.

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:

1. Army green jacket, Target ($24.99)
2. Plaid flannel shirt, Thrifted ($3.50)
3. Green graphic Masterminds Tee, gifted 
4. Gray skinny jeans, thrifted ($2.50)
5. Green/gray boots Nine West Outlet, gifted
6. Fabulous leaf hair fascinator, gifted (made by my fabulous friend Peaches) 
7. Bangles, gifted (from my amazing friend Ashley)
8. Owl ring, ATL market ($3.50)
9. Messenger bag, bought in China Town ($15.00)








































































































































































































































































psst: I should probably admit that this comes more from the "bottom of the drawer" than the "back of the closet" since I keep most of my tees in my dresser drawers...but that's just a minor detail, right?

{photos: Amy D. at To do!}


2 comments:

Natasha said...

you are the queen of layering! there are so many times that i end up looking dumpy when i try to layer! i need your skills.

EevvaStyle said...

great outfit!