Thursday, March 24, 2011

Totally. New.
























This never happens. Therefore, I had to get this on film. And it also made me decide to mix things up a bit today with my post. Instead of my usual "Back of the closet" Thursday post where I pull something from the back of my closet and rock it in a new way to help extend my wardrobe...in today's post I'm rocking all new things! I honestly don't even know the last time this has ever happened, when I wasn't wearing at least one piece that I've owned for at least two years. But the best part about this post? It's all still incredibly affordable even though everything is new!

I suppose I should clarify that though these are all new items to me, they aren't technically new since two of the items I am wearing today are vintage. And what's funny is when I first saw this dress in the store I liked it, but I already had a ton of things in the dressing room waiting for me to try on, so I put it back on the rack. But for some reason I kept going back to it, so I finally just decided to add it to the growing dressing room collection and try it on and wow, I am so glad I did! It ended up being the only dress that fit me great and looked entirely too cute on. Don't you love it when serendipitous fashion things like that happen to you?!

So I just realized my jewelry is old, but that doesn't really count right? And I have a new hair "do" to boot! So as my roomie said the other day, it's a totally new me. I don't know what to do with myself. Oh but I can't wait to rock this vintage dress much more often in the future...expect to see it return to the blog this fall with my barely-over-the-knee boots!

Here's the fashionplate cheapskate outfit breakdown:

Vintage dress, purchased at Gotta Have It in Venice beach ($25.00)
Vintage bag, purchased at Gotta Have It in Venice beach ($40.00)
Sky high amazing platforms, Charlotte Russe ($16.25 - I had an amazing last minute 50% off coupon!)
Cute girly socks - Charlotte Russe ($2.99)




























































ps. I just learned here that men apparently hate the socks with heels trend (among other fashion trends we ladies love to wear), but you know what? I don't care! I am loving the fun, playful idea of socks with heels so I will continue to rock it for a while. Looks like I'll just be date-free for a little while longer....oh well!