Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Splurge on: Shorts

With spring just around the corner, I'm more aware than ever of what's currently lacking in my closet: shorts. And it seems that shorts are one of those items that are more difficult to find at a thrift store. Which means I'll have to start looking elsewhere...and now!

So I thought if I had some extra cash, here are a few pair of shorts that I'd splurge on to fill my closet for this spring and summer. Keep in mind that "splurging" for me, a cheapskate, is probably not considered "splurging" by most people :)

























1: ModCloth Little Lovin' Shorts
Price: $32.99
Color: Red, Black and White print
I'd style it with: A ruffled black tank top and flats with a cross-the-body bag.
Wear it where? Concert, music festival, thrifting.

























2: Forever 21 Nautical Stripe Shorts with Tie Belt
Price: $15.80
Color: Blue and White Striped

I'd style it with: A white eyelet tank top, flat gladiator sandals and a large straw tote.
Wear it where? Boating, picnicking. 



3: Old Navy Frayed Cuffed Denim Shorts

Price: $32.99
Color: Denim
I'd style it with: Plain gray tee or tank, oxford shoes and an oversized studded clutch.
Wear it where? Dog walking, latte-getting, lazy Sundays. 


























4: Etsy Seller OneCafeLatte High Waisted Romantic Shorts

Price: $40.00
Color: Hot Orange/Coral
I'd style it with: Tiny polka dotted print sleeveless top, wedges and doctor bag. 
Wear it where? Brunch, shopping.



























5: ASOS Pleat Front Tailored Shorts

Price: $62.76
Color: Burnt Orange
I'd style it with: Cream lace top, platforms and large hobo bag.
Wear it where? Weekend working lunches, dinner with family.
Bonus: Take these into fall and winter with thick tights or knee socks. 



























6: ShopRuche Anytime You Need Me Belted Shorts

Price: $39.99
Color: Olive
I'd style it with: Plain cotton tank top, flat sandals and small cross-body bag. 
Wear it where? Thrifting, antique shopping, music festival. 
*HURRY! There's only 3 pair left! eek! 

























Price: $54.00
Color: Navy
I'd style it with: Anything. Especially yellow. 
Wear it where? Everywhere! I am loving scalloped shorts, I'd probably live in these this summer!

*All photos taken from company's websites. 






1 comment:

Fash Boulevard said...

i want all of these. amazing post love. Don't forget to swing by to see my latest trend report and your first look at lil baby Zoe. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Follow on twitter. Yesterday Fash Blvd broke the story of Brad getting his own show and Rachel Zoe's first baby pic before Perez, TMZ, and E news!

http://twitter.com/FashBoulevard