Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Five dollar fun

Delicious fresh-from-the-oven ALDI pizza.

Just one dollar will get you into the Carmike Cinemas Dollar Theater in Bham.


















































Pizza and a movie for only $5? For two people?! Yes, I swear, it's true!

Clearly we all know by now that I am the epitome of a cheapskate. I can't resist a great bargain. And when that bargain includes food and fun? Well...done and done! Count me in.

So remember here when I told you guys about the beauty of the grocery store chain ALDI? Well, one of my favorite buys from there is the frozen pizza. I swear it's so good! And the best part of course is the price: just $2.29! And this is no mini frozen pizza, it will feed two people who eat like I do! Which means it would probably feed three ordinary girls, or one ordinary girl and a dude :)

And what good is a pizza without a movie, right? However, I think we all know by now that the movies have gotten somewhat expensive. I mean, maybe you don't consider $10 expensive, but as much as I love watching movies, it definitely adds up! Lucky for Birmingham patrons, we have the Carmike Cinemas Dollar Theater. But like most things, with the Dollar Theater, you definitely get what you pay for. You never know what condition the theater will be in — it could be a smelly, disgusting wreck (like it was last Saturday night) or it could be in pretty good condition. So I think you just have to go with an open mind and hope for the best, but expect the worst. I will say the Dollar Theater isn't for everyone, I do have one friend who we joke with because she refuses to go anymore (you know who you are :) but of course I am all for it. I mean, seeing an Academy Award-winning movie like The Fighter in a theater for just one dollar, sounds like a pretty good deal to me! But if you don't have a dollar theater in your area or you can't stand the thought of watching a movie in a messy theater, you could always rent a movie from a Red Box for $1.

Now, put the $2.29 ALDI pizza and the $1 movie for 2 together, and you've spent less than $5. I'm no math major (I usually leave the math to my friend Torry) but I know that adds up to one night of awesome cheap fun!

ps. If you haven't seen The Fighter yet - DO IT. The entire cast was amazing, but Christian Bale most certainly earned his Oscar!

2 comments:

AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said...

nice photos! and yummy slice of pizza!

Rita said...

OMG..yumzzzz! That pizza literally just made my tummy growl!