Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back of the closet: Polka dots























Ever since I saw Rachel Bilson rockin this pretty little navy polka dot dress seen here last September, I had been wanting to get my hands on something similar. Imagine, my delighted surprise when my aunt offered up some of her old "back of the closet" items to me at a family gathering New Years Day and this sweet polka dot top was included in the mix! I immediately remembered the Bilson dress and was ecstatic that I had my own version of the print now and wouldn't have to purchase anything after all.

I should also mention that this must be the "aunt" edition of "Back of the closet" because this same sweet aunt gave me the lovely white bag seen in these pics as a housewarming gift. (Yes, a purse for a housewarming gift! How great is that?!)

Anyway, since she gave me this sleeveless shirt in the middle of winter, I've been waiting patiently for the past couple of months until the weather warmed up so I could pull this shirt out of the back of my own closet. Finally, the warmer weather makes it's entrance into the South and so does my polka dot top!

Here's the outfit breakdown:

1. Polka dot top (gifted)
2. Cream pleated skirt, Forever21 ($21.50)
3. Belt, thrifted ($3.00)
4. Red shoes, Rack Room Half Price Outlet Store ($7.50)
5. Cream purse, Banana Republic (gifted)
6. Gloves, ATL market purchase (10.00)
















































































{photos: Laura Menconi}

1 comment:

MAGDArling said...

the skirt is absolutelly fabulous!<3