So I took a certain special someone to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta last Saturday as a way to celebrate his birthday. They were hosting a temporary exhibit with the works of Frida Khalo and Diego Rivera and it just sounded like a good way to spend the day. Turns out, I was right (as usual). We had a blast.
However, as fate would have it, my phone completely died, so there was no way for me to get any pics. Instead I figured why not at least document what I wore instead? Yeah, you're welcome! :)
So here are a few pics of the outfit that I put together for a day wandering around a museum. It seemed flats were essential, as was a crossbody purse that wouldn't be too heavy to carry around. Plus, I wanted something girly and
flirty—this adorable floral print skirt from Target coupled with a ruffled tank top definitely did the trick. And then of course, it was actually a bit chilly that day, so a sweater was necessary as well.
Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:
1. Navy sweater, thrifted ($4.99)
2. Lavender ruffle top, Walmart ($8.99)
3. Floral skirt, Target ($22.99)
4. Oxford shoes, Necessary Clothing ($9.99)
5. Crossbody bag, gifted (thanks Amy!)
6. Circle necklace, Brooklyn Flea ($20.00)
7. Wayfarers, Urban Outfitters ($10.00)
8. Leaf ring, gifted (thanks Em!)
9. Circle ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)
Total: Under $100.00
Photos: Leslie Evans