Friday, April 12, 2013

Under the {fashion} influence: Busy Phillips





A kind of crazy thing happened on a recent trip to a local consignment store here in Birmingham. My mom and I saw this really neat triangle necklace on a mannequin as we walked in. She pointed it out to me, knowing that I've had a thing for triangle jewelry lately. I nodded that I had seen in, kept it in mind, but kept shopping in case I found something else I wanted instead. An hour or so later I'd ended up with only a pair of boots in hand, so I went back for the necklace.

I took the treasure home and placed it on my jewelry tree. Two days or so later I looked at it as I passed in my room and stopped dead in my tracks as I realized, doh! That is the exact same necklace I had seen on Busy Phillips and I had even chosen that photo for a "what to wear" post. Clearly I had to recreate that outfit.

While I don't have a fun printed skirt like hers, I did at least have a short pleated one, so I figured that was similar enough. It's not the exact same outfit, but I think it works. The amazing necklace find definitely helps!

Here's the cheapskate outfit breakdown:
1. Vintage Susan Bristol top, gifted/passed down (thanks mom!)
2.  Pleated skirt, GAP outlet ($19.99)
3. Socks, Charlotte Russe ($2.99)
4. Suede booties, Target ($24.99)
5. Vintage Aigner clutch, gifted/passed down (thanks mom!)
6. Triangle necklace, The Clotheshorse ($10.50)
7. Sunglasses, gifted (thanks Joy!)
8. Earrings, Charlotte Russe ($3.50)
9. Leaf ring, gifted (thanks Em!)
10. Square ring, Brooklyn Flea ($5.00)

Total: Under $75.00






Photos: Leslie Evans






Pin It!

No comments: